Sounding similar to a certain English profanity… Believe it or not the word ‘FOC’ means ‘FIRE’ in Catalan, the language spoken in Barcelona’s region, North East of Spain. Fire is part of our identity, conveying our passion, creativity and determination in what we do.
We are a group of Spanish Restaurants bringing the essence of Barcelona and its vibrant Spanish affair to South East Asia!
We started in September 2014, with our first FOC Restaurant at HongKong Street. It all began as a project between Michelin-starred Chef Nandu Jubany and a great team of local and international professionals, who came together to create a unique place for our guests and our team.
We are passionate about F&B and hospitality, and believe in the equal importance of quality and fun. Our mission is to make all guests feel welcome and at ease, whilst keeping them entertained with our top-notch service, cutting-edge food & beverage offer and diverse event calendar.
We currently have two restaurants under our belt: FOC Restaurant and FOC Sentosa. However, we are planning to expand both in Singapore and abroad very soon.
About the role
We do our best every day to make our guests’ experience with us exceptional. Our Culinary Team plays crucial role in these efforts and is an integral piece of the puzzle. Our food offering is a major part of FOC experience, and we are consistently delivering top-notch quality.
We are looking for a motivated and positive team leader who is passionate about cooking, learning and constantly honing new skills, including leadership and team training.
What will you do?
You will be the second in command in the kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef. You will be managing and organising the Culinary Team to deliver consistent food quality aimed at creating amazing experiences for guests.
- Assist in the planning and development of recipes, and ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications as well and foster an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory control
- Monitor and supervise sanitation standards to ensure compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Communicate with Team Members and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments
- Participate in the hiring process of new Team members together with Head Chef and Executive Chef
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, and coach all Team Members to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met
Does it sound like a job for you?
Contact us and we will get in touch with you to schedule an interview!