Junior SOUS chef
Sounding similar to a certain English profanity… Believe it or not the word ‘FOC’ means ‘FIRE’ in Catalan, the language spoken in Barcelona’s region, North East of Spain. Fire is part of our identity, conveying our passion, creativity and determination in what we do.
We are a group of Spanish Restaurants bringing the essence of Barcelona and its vibrant Spanish affair to South East Asia!
We started in September 2014, with our first FOC Restaurant at HongKong Street. It all began as a project between Michelin-starred Chef Nandu Jubany and a great team of local and international professionals, who came together to create a unique place for our guests and our team.
We are passionate about F&B and hospitality, and believe in the equal importance of quality and fun. Our mission is to make all guests feel welcome and at ease, whilst keeping them entertained with our top-notch service, cutting-edge food & beverage offer and diverse event calendar.
We currently have two restaurants under our belt: FOC Restaurant and FOC Sentosa. However, we are planning to expand both in Singapore and abroad very soon.
About the role
We do our best every day to make our guests’ experience with us exceptional. Our Culinary Team plays crucial role in these efforts and is an integral piece of the puzzle. Our food offering is a major part of FOC experience, and we are consistently delivering top-notch quality.
We are looking for a motivated and positive team leader who is passionate about cooking, learning and constantly honing new skills, including leadership and team training.
What will you do?
You will be the second in command in the kitchen under the supervision of the Head Chef. You will be managing and organising the Culinary Team to deliver consistent food quality aimed at creating amazing experiences for guests.
- Oversee and supervise kitchen team
- Assist with menu planning, inventory, and management of supplies.
- Ensure that food is top quality and that kitchen is in good condition.
- Assist Sous Chef and Head Chef in any problems that arise and seize control of issues in the kitchen in their absence
- Offer suggestions and creative ideas that can improve the kitchen’s performance.
- Assist Sous Chef / Head Chef in staff roster / shift
- Responsible for ordering food supplies
- Monitor and maintain kitchen equipment
- Assist Sous Chef & Head Chef in any problems that arise and seize control of issues in the kitchen in their absence
- Properly clean and sanitize all food preparation areas according to established standards of hygiene.
- Wash and appropriately store all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Promptly transfer meal ingredients from storage areas to the kitchen as per the Cook’s instructions.
- Accurately measure meal ingredients for the recipes.
- Receive deliveries and verify that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Assist with the unloading of delivered food supplies.
- Assist supervisor in inventory duties
- Perform basic cleaning duties and ensure that workstations and kitchen are properly sanitized to meet HACCP standards
- Plate and present meal items as per sections required
- Be responsible for completing food preparations for your section
- Ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- Monitor stock movement and be responsible in preparing ordering list for the supervisors in charge
- Ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Manage and train CDP, demi-chef de parties, or commis working with you, including new staff
- Learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
- Prepare the meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Ensure you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
Attractive conditions and benefits! Contact us to know more!
Does it sound like a job for you?
Contact us and we will get in touch with you to schedule an interview!